02 Nov Tips and tricks for roll out the gluten free dough
Gluten-free pizza can be as tasty and flavorful as traditional pizza, although some ingredients are different from those of the classic pizza dough. And just like with traditional pizza, a fundamental step in the preparation of a gluten-free pizza is the processing of the dough.
Rolling out the pizza dough is always a delicate moment, but there are some tricks to give shape and air to our dough and ensure a uniform and perfect baking:
Roll out the pizza manually: first pass the dough lightly in flour, without exaggerating, and then use your fingertips forcefully: the fingers working, with not too marked thrusts and pressures so as not to compromise the softness of the dough.
Roll out the dough directly in the pan: the handwork can be done directly in the pan, just put a little flour on the bottom and roll out the dough directly into the pan, using your hands and fingers to give shape and consistency.
Roll the pizza dough with a rolling pin: for lovers of thin pizza, the rolling pin is a solution, but it is always advisable to use your hands first to roll out the dough and then finish the process with a rolling pin, from the center towards the external.
Obtain an elastic gluten-free dough
A problem that could occur when using gluten-free flours or doughs is that the doughs may not reach the right consistency and elasticity. In the creation of our doughs, however, we also thought about this, that’s why:
- PizzaMi doughs are created with seawater and 100% made in Italy extra virgin olive oil, which guarantees greater authenticity to the final product and more elasticity;
- The products are subjected to natural leavening for 48 hours at a controlled temperature, thus reducing the use of yeasts and ensuring a soft, low-sugar dough;
- The dough is created with a mix of 11 different flours, selected after years of research and experimentation.
How to use PizzaMi doughs
To use PizzaMi doughs in your restaurants, it is important to know the various preparation steps, to be sure of a product prepared in the best possible way.
Here are some tips for using gluten-free pizza dough loaves:
1. It is a frozen product, therefore the first step is to defrost it. There are several options depending on the time and procedures available:
- Leave the dough to rest for 6 hours at ambient temperature, covered;
- Put the defrosted product in the microwave at maximum power (watt) for 10 seconds, repeating the operation for at least 4 times to ensure a gradual and non-traumatic thawing;
- Let the product defrost in the fridge for about 12-14 hours (one night) at a temperature of 0 + 4 degrees and then at room temperature for 2-3 hours;
2. To understand if the product is ready for use, it is necessary to check that the dough loaves have risen and that they have reached a temperature of at least 23 ° inside;
3. It’s time to roll out the dough with a little rice flour and following the previous suggestions;
5. At this point it is necessary to pre-bake at 230 °C (446 °F) in the oven for a few minutes, remove the pizza, stuff it and finish cooking in the oven at 230 °C (446 °F) (about 5-6 minutes).
Et voilà: gluten-free pizza is served!
Would you like to offer an excellent gluten-free pizza in your restaurant in complete safety and simplicity? Discover all PizzaMi products, fast and delicious.